Tai Bwo Wannai CleanupEdit This Entity
- 1.0 - Introduction
- 2.0 - Favour
- 3.0 - Threats
- 4.0 - Getting Trading Sticks
The Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup is a woodcutting mini game situated in Tai Bwo Wannai. To be eligible to have a go at this mini game, you must have completed the Jungle Potion quest. There are a few random treasures that you could happen to come across whilst playing this mini game. These include gem rocks and gout-tuber plants.
There are a few ways you can get to Tai Bwo Wannai: You could take the gnome glider to Shilo Village, then head north-west and west. Or you could take the Ardougne boat to Brimhaven and walk south. Or use the N. Karamja teleport on your amulet of glory and walk west to Brimhaven, then south to the village. You can also take the Fairy Ring to just west of Shilo Village and run north.
To be able to do this mini game effectively, you will need some of the following items:
- » 20,000gp for the general store, so you can buy anti-poison potions if you run out.
- » A Pickaxe for gem rocks which can randomly show when you hack your jungle.
- » A Spade to dig up Gout Tuber plants which spawn randomly when you hack through the jungle.
- » A Machete for hacking jungle and repairing fences.
- » Restore potions: Broodoo Victim lowers your stats. Use sparingly.
- » Anti-poisons: Tribesman and Bush Snakes are poisonous. These are also helpful in killing Broodoo Victims. Alternatively you can bring a blessed prayer book and saradomin symbol, with use of the altar that you get access to after completion of Tai Bwo Wannai Trio.
- » Food: Assists in killing Pale and Drawn Broodoo Victims by using food on them. Alternatively, you can just kill the chickens and cook them on the fire nearby.
- » Relicym's Balm: Assists in killing Pale Yellow Broodoo Victims. You can buy these from Uglug Nar (south from Castle Wars) once you have completed Zogre Flesh Eaters quest.
There are also a few pieces of equipment that you could take:
- » Equipment with high magical defence, as Broodoo Victims cast magic.
- » A strong weapon, to easily kill any threats or annoyances.
- » A ring of duelling or ring of life, and a charged amulet of glory, just in case.
Finally, if you wear villagers' clothing, you get more trading sticks at one time.
There are several ways you can raise your favour. You can hack your way through the jungle, repair fences, or kill threats. These are detailed below.
To begin hacking the jungle, you first need to talk with Murcaily. He'll tell you that you need to wield a form of machete, to hack away at the jungle. There are three types of jungles: light jungle (level-10), medium jungle (level-20) and dense jungle (level-35). From every fully grown jungle you chop, you get four thatch spars.
|Jungle Type||Experience Gained||Favour Gained|
|Light Jungle||32 Woodcutting XP||1|
|Medium Jungle||55 Woodcutting XP||1|
|Dense Jungle||80 Woodcutting XP||1|
To repair fences you need to be wielding your machete and have some Thatching Spars. You can use any of the three kinds of Thatch Spars: Thatch Spar Light, Thatch Spar Med, and Thatch Spar Dense. The Thatching Spars are obtained by hacking the jungle as show above. You will earn both favour and woodcutting experience while repairing the fences.
|Thatch Spar Light||28 Woodcutting XP|
|Thatch Spar Medium||40 Woodcutting XP|
|Thatch Spar Dense||66 Woodcutting XP|
When you are hacking the jungles, there can be many threats that are hiding in these jungles. When you kill the threats you get favour from the village. For more information on how to kill these threats take a look at the monster section of this guide.
|Large Mosquito||13||3||1||One Proboscis||Also gives 18 agility XP|
|Mosquito Swarm||17||10||1||Three Proboscises||Also gives 35 agility XP|
|Giant Swarm||20||13||1||Five Proboscises||Also gives 75 agility XP|
|Tribesman||32||39||2||Bones||Tribesman's weapons have poison on them so they can poison you. Their poison does 6 damage and can quickly kill you.|
|Bush Snake||35||25||1||Snake Hide||Bush Snakes can poison you. Their poison does 6 damage.|
|Green Broodoo Victim||60||100||4||Green Tribal Mask||Green Broodoo Victims lower your stats. To kill them use anti-poison on them. They can drop broodoo masks that you can wear, although you will need to remove it to speak to the villagers.|
|Pale and Drawn Broodoo Victim||60||100||4||Pale and Drawn Tribal Mask||Pale and Drawn Broodoo Victims. To kill these guys use any food on them. Your cooked spider on a stick works. They can drop broodoo masks that you can wear, although you will need to remove it to speak to the villagers.|
|Pale Yellow Broodoo Victim||60||100||4||Pale Yellow Tribal Mask||Pale Yellow Broodoo Victims lower your stats. To kill them use Relicym's Balm on them. They can drop broodoo masks that you can wear, although you will need to remove it to speak to the villagers.|
If you have completed The Great Brain Robbery you can use the book of prayers from the quest with a holy symbol to cure you if you are poisoned. Right click the book and select 'cure poison' with a holy symbol equipped. This saves your antipoisons for killing broodoo victims. This requires prayer points so the completion of Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest is a requirement to use the tribal statue.
When you have 60%+ favour, you can talk to villagers to get trading sticks; below is a list:
If you wear tribal clothes when you speak to the villagers, they will recognise you and give you a larger percentage of your rewards. This amount is approximately twice as much.
- Murcaily - Speak to this person to begin the mini game, he also allows you access to the Hardwood Grove after paying 100 trading sticks. Located in this grove, are a group of mahogany and teak trees for you to woodcut.
- Karaday - Upon completion of the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest, you can recharge your prayer nearby this person.
- Rionasta - Found below the Chieftains' house. Runs the parcel service. Pay 10 sticks for every item you wish to transfer to your bank (includes stackable items).
- Gabooty - Runs the General Store where you can buy villager's clothes and sell Gnome drinks..
- Sharimika and Layleen - Climb up a ladder to find these two NPC's. Sharimika can teach you about the jungle, and Layleen is a village child.
- Mamma Bufetta - Climb the ladders to get to Sharimika and Layleen then climb down the ladder next to Sharimika. She teaches you how to cook Spider on a Stick.
- Safta Doc - He makes all types of machetes if don't already have one. You'll need your favour to at least 35% before he makes you one. Opal Machete: 3 opals (cut or uncut), 1 Gout tuber plant and 300 Trading sticks; Jade Machete: 3 Jades (cut or uncut), 1 Gout tuber plant and 600 Trading sticks; Red Topaz Machete: 3 Red Topaz (cut or uncut), 1 Gout tuber plant and 1200 Trading sticks.
- Fanellaman - Located near the boat.
- Jagbakoba - Located just to the south of Tai Bwo Wannai, near him is the only fire in Tai Bwo Wannai.